Monday 26 October 2009

Fail

I will keep this up I promise! I love the idea of blogging really, it's just finding the time or not being lazy and doing it! I think my last entry probably put me on a bit of a downer because I reminded myself how much I miss having friends around me, but since then I've just forgotten about this blog, then every time I read a friend's blog I remember. Oh well, this time I will honestly try to make an entry at least once a week. Often I worry that my life isn't interesting enough to blog about, but then interesting things happen to everyone, it's all relative.

I'm feeling a lot more positive than I was back in April, as a person I feel I'm constantly growing (as we should) and it's good to be able to feel that, to see the difference in myself and my actions. I'm back at uni now which is great, the summer months are usually quite hard for me because I just don't know what to do with myself, but now I'm back at uni I'm interacting with people and I'm keeping myself busy with studying. And boy, do we have a lot to study this year, we've only just started our second year and already they are banging on about our final year project. I'm looking forward to this year a lot though, the subjects are all interesting and not just a recap of high school stuff, there is much more of a medical focus on the subject this year which I'm really excited about.
That is my current pile of textbooks that I own, got a bit of a weird thing about books, I'm not very good with library books, I generally have to have my own textbooks to be able to comfortably use them! Anyway all those books are pretty darn interesting and I look forward to using them over the next year!

To jump to another topic that I'm rather happy with at the moment, ballet. Ballet is going wonderful this year, I can seriously see progression in myself, I'm much more flexible, I'm stronger at balancing and adages, my allegro has improved a lot especially since I can actually get my feet to stop flailing about and do something that at least resembles the step now :) And I'm much stronger on pointe....ah pointe, the trouble I have had with pointe shoes! In my last post I said I'd found the perfect pointe shoes, well I was wrong, they were far too big for me to dance in and I kept falling off pointe! Then when we went to New York, cue Times Square picture:
Anyway, when we went to New York, we went to the Gaynor Minden showroom, so I could get fitted properly, we bought a pair that felt great on pointe, and I was happy. Alas these shoes were not the ones! When wearing them in a class they caused me absolute agony, they were far too small length wise and the box was far too narrow for my toes to spread, so when standing on flat or demi they absolutely crippled me, so sadly I have two pairs of relatively useless Gaynor Mindens now, I'm not really sure what to do with them. I have, however, found a new pair of pointes, Capulet Juliet D3os with intelligent molecules! Which sounds quite fancy, and they are really, they are lined with the D3o compound (http://www.d3o.com/), and they feel just as comfortable as Gaynor Mindens, whilst looking more like a traditional pointe shoe than Gaynors. I'm rather happy with them so far, I will see how they fare when they are a bit more broken in.
Unfortunately that's the best picture I could get of them whilst taking a picture by myself on my iPhone....it's not easy to do that whilst standing on pointe!

A quick word on WoW before I finish and get on with some immunology studies, I've sadly not had as much fun on WoW lately, I feel that the easy to obtain awesome gear has brought the standard of play and the enjoyment of the game seriously down, everyone is an elitist jerk now. After a build up of events I've retired Kitri from the world of PuGs as being told I'm a "shit tank" by a healer that didn't have the skills to match his gear which was better than mine, is not my idea of fun. Instead Kitri will continue to work towards gainig the Loremaster title and pretty mounts away from the morons of the game. I have the unicorn mount now which is pretty cool, will post up a screenshot of it next time, going for the argent warhorse next. Also as much as I love the guys in my guild, myself and Michael are seriously feeling the strain of being the only non-Danish in the guild (except Whisperblade, but he's always busy PvPing anway!), we feel a mixture of exclusion and awkwardness. Exclusion because of their "brilliant" all Dane raids they have done recently where they get the chance to banter and chat with their friends, and awkwardness because we feel we are hampering their ability to banter with each other in guild chat because they can't speak in Danish. It's weird, and it's something I'm keeping an eye on with the possibility of leaving for an English guild...we shall see what happens.

Anyway time to get my study on! Need more of the best drink in the world first though!
Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment