Wednesday 1 April 2009

Ding

So I hit 80, get me! I did in fact get 80 on the day of the last post, but have been pretty ill since, so the idea of writing in the blog didn't even occur. Anyway obligatory screenshot:
That night I got to go on a Naxx raid, bought some very quick craftable epics to boost the gear a bit, and well it was a 25 man Naxx and we managed to get one boss down, but that wasn't the annoying part really. The guild that we did it with were a bit...well not that great, I mean obviously they've got some good guys in there, but they didn't really seem to run a raid well. Our guild is a small guild reformed out of my old guild, my old guild was a casual raiding guild that lasted a year and did reasonably well, just some guys decided we were too casual, formed their old guild and advertised their new guild on our forum, promising epics galore and took most of my guild with them. So when the remains reformed, it was to be a small guild of close friends, which we are, which is nice, but it does mean we have to tag along with other guilds to raid. Anyway, this other guild, first of all had us waiting an hour after the start time before they got themselves ready...now we were used to being early to raids, so you can see we got a bit pissy, then they didn't actually have enough for a 25 man, only 22 of us all together, but we still went along, I know that's not their fault, but the raid shouldn't have really gone ahead as a 25 man without a full raid group. And finally, people started leaving after a couple of wipes, there was a lot of "oh we have to go now, sorry guys". Now I know my old guild was hardly the most hardcore of guilds, but we certainly had standards you were supposed to abide to for raids. Namely, attending if you sign up, being on time, and staying the full raid. I know all guilds are run differently but it's just rude to keep anyone waiting let alone 10/20/30 people waiting (ah back in the day of 40 man raids) an hour before you decide to log your ass on.

Anyway we ended up getting a 10 man Sanctum done with the people who were left over, it was nice to get in on a raid, just to see how well I could play my new class in a raid, although Kitri is a tank, she was dps for these raids and she did pretty well. Since then, I've done a couple of heroics, got myself some nice goodies and tanked quite a few heroics, so I'm learning and doing quite nicely I think. Yesterday I decided to pick up enchanting, so had some fun running the old early instances like Dead Mines, to get greens. It's super fun to run round a whole area, gather up as many mobs as you can and then lay down one AOE spell and kill them all in one go. Make looting much easier if they are all at your feet too. Manged to get my enchanting up to 90 anyway, which isn't bad to start with, since I'm housebound today, I'll carry on going through them, getting greens whilst getting achievements for the dungeons :)

In other news, I tried on my wedding dress on Friday, Michael and I are getting married September 4th next year, and I'm so excited about it, I'm not the girliest of girls but I've been getting pretty squee over all of this. My dress is pretty beautiful, and everyone I've showed it to so far thinks so too, which is really nice. I just can't wait for it all to happen.
Wedding check list so far:
  • Cake - would really like to show a picture of the cake, because it's so awesomely yummy, but their website seems to be having issues.
  • Venue:
  • Registrar: booked for September 4th :)
  • Dress: made by the very lovely Janice at Uptight Clothing

So, all rather exciting here at the moment, lots being planned and lots being done. But alas, I feel today will be another day in front of the computer playing WoW to keep me occupied. Had a small procedure on Monday and my body didn't take to it too well, yesterday I tried to unload and load the dishwasher, all the bending down gave me a lot of pain again, so Michael has banned me from doing anything today, so that I can let my body get better, I know he is right, but being ill all last week and now this means I've not really left the house in a week, so getting a bit restless. Hopefully tomorrow I will be well enough to do a ballet class, I've not done one in a week, and it's the school's Easter Holidays next week, so it will be 2 more weeks before I can dance again if I can't go. Oh well, here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment